Victoria & Westshore Seniors Resources
This page is intended to provide resources to seniors in our community. If you require a service that is not listed below, please contact our office- we're happy to assist!
- BC Seniors' Home Renovation Tax Credit
- If you are 65 years or older, you may be eligible for a tax credit to assist in covering some of the costs of improving the accessibility and functionality of your home through home renovations.
- Disability Tax Credit
- A government of Canada's resource that discusses tax credits that may be available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Having a great accountant is a good start to ensuring that you maximize the tax credits available to you. If you do not currently have an accountant with expertise in this area, we can send you a list of accountants on our Trusted Professionals List.
- Home Owner Grant
- This website discusses all homeowner grants available to British Columbians. In addition to the basic home owner grant claimable by most British Columbians on their principal residence, if you are 65 years and older, you may be eligible to claim an additional grant of up to $275.
- Property Tax Deferment
- This is a British Columbia government website providing information on the Property Tax Deferment Program. If you are 55 or older, you may qualify for this low interest loan program which offers qualified individuals the option to defer all or part of their property tax payments.
- WestShore Seniors Services
- This website brings together a group of Service providers in the WestShore who have a passion for caring for seniors and providing education and learn to understand the needs of seniors in the WestShore.
Seniors Resources for Fraud Prevention